Divorce Solicitors Liverpool
At Berkson Family Law, our expert divorce solicitors in Liverpool understand how challenging and demanding a separation can be for everyone involved. The emotional strain of evaluating the impact a divorce has on children, finances, Assets such as your home, pensions and more can leave you feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
Our expert local Liverpool Divorce solicitors approach to client care and expertise in divorce law will help you find the quickest, least hostile, and most economical way through a divorce.
What does the law say?
UK divorce law detailed in Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 allows only one ground for divorce in England and Wales. As such the couple in separation must establish that their marriage has ‘Irretrievably Broken Down’.
Our Expert Liverpool divorce lawyers will advise you on the best way to demonstrate this in court, based on the explanations you give for the breakdown of your matrimony. One of 5 main facts set out in the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 can be used to prove the break of marriage, depending on your circumstances these are:
- Two plus years separation with agreement: you and your spouse have lived apart for at least two continuous years.
- Adultery: your partner has committed adultery and you find can no longer live with them.
- Desertion: your spouse has deserted you for a period of at least two continuous years immediately prior to the divorce petition.
- Unreasonable behaviour: your spouse has acted in such a way that you cannot rationally be expected to co-habitat with them.
- Five years separation: you have been apart for a continuous period of 5 years prior to the presentation of the petition.
When dealing with a divorce petition the court has numerous powers regarding the two parties’ children and finances; these powers can be explained to you in a consultation with our expert local Liverpool divorce solicitors.